Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Fix It!

I hope you were able to pick up the cheap Bisquick this week at Meijer! I thought I would share one of my favorite recipes from the Bisquick website. It is quick, easy, healthy, and tasty!

2/3 Cup Bisquick Heart Smart® mix
2 tablespoons water
1/4 cup fat-free egg product or 2 egg whites
1 1/2 cups shredded reduced-fat Cheddar cheese (6 oz)
3 boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
1 1/4 cups Old El Paso® Thick 'n Chunky salsa


Heat oven to 400°F. Spray 8- or 9-inch square pan with cooking spray. In small bowl, stir together Bisquick® mix, water and egg product; spread in pan. Sprinkle with 1 1/4 cups of the cheese.
In 10-inch nonstick skillet, cook chicken over medium-high heat, stirring frequently, until outsides turn white; drain. Stir in salsa; heat until hot. Spoon over batter in pan to within 1/2 inch of edges.
Bake 22 to 25 minutes or until edges are dark golden brown. Sprinkle with remaining 1/4 cup cheese. Bake 1 to 3 minutes longer or until cheese is melted; loosen from sides of pan.

Enjoy!

1 comment:

Mandy said...

This is one of my favorites! I just made it for dinner tonight :) quick, easy, and yummy!